Wednesday, March 18, 2015

♥ Simon Says...Spring Pinterest Inspiration! ♥

Hello! Only 2 more days until Spring! Longer days...warm days, cooler nights...tulips...butterflies. Love it!
And that brings me to this week's challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog! This week, our fabulous teamie, Mandy, made a lovely Spring Mood Board for you to be inspired by!


This week the Simon Says DT are showcasing products by Bazzill. I used several different cardstocks and a paper pack for my 2 cards. On this first card, I was inspired by that yummy looking chocolate egg. I started off with a piece of Peanut Fudge Cardstock and hand drew an egg shape. There are actually some great egg shaped die sets in the SSS Store, which can be found HERE, but I hand drew mine. :) I also used some Bazzill Marshmallow Chick and Sour Grape Cardstock for the polka dots and Kraft and Cotton Candy CS for the bunny and bow.


The polka dots were made with the EK Success 1/2 inch Circle Punch and the Frilly Bunny is by Memory Box/Poppy Stamps. The Fresh Grass Die is by Clearly Besotted. I also used some seam binding ribbon, White Opal Liquid Pearls and a Prima Rose.


For my 2nd card, I used the Bazzill Patina 6x6 Paper Pack as well as some Peanut Fudge Cardstock for the bunny. Again, I used the Frilly Bunny by Memory Box/Poppy Stamps as well as the Leafy Sprig Die.


To finish off the card, I used some Doodlebug White Doilies, White Opal Liquid Pearls, seam binding, May Arts Natural Twine and some Prima Roses.



And don't forget, the super sweet and generous Heidi will give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!




Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 




Hope you have a lovely day! ;)

hugs...


13 comments:

Caryn said...

Ooh I could just go a chocolate bunny right about now! Love your creations this week Melissa xxx

Jingle said...

These are very cute cards! Love the shaped egg!

Virginia L. said...

You took this challenge to TOWN, Melissa!! I love both versions! I think I like to EAT that chocolate egg now, please! The use of doily in the 2nd card is so inspiring! LOVE!

Lorraine A said...

super cute cards Melissa :-) both are totally adorable ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Melissa! I loved the Easter Egg card as soon as I saw it on the challenge blog :)
hugs
Mandy xx

Heather said...

Both gorgeous card Melissa, the chocolate egg is adorable, beautifully embellished........the other is so pretty, cute bunny and with lovely colours, doilies and pretty flowers!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

Both cards are wonderful, Melissa, but the one with the aqua, pink, gingham, and lace is my fave this week! LOVE it!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Not one but TWO treats for they eyes, eh? :) I love the egg shape card... the unique shape draws so much interest. I love the way you placed the doilies on the 2nd. Very pretty!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

joy said...

Beautiful cards, Melissa! Love the second card with the doilies!!

vilinke said...

ČUdovito ;)

cheiron said...

This is just the sweetest little bunny Melissa! I love what you've done with the doily too :)

jenn shurkus said...

love both of your cards!!! although the teal one if my fave ;) love how you used the doily!

Anonymous said...

Super sweet bunny cards. Love the polka dots on the chocolate egg. The chocolate bunny card is elegant perfection.
Carrie C