Wednesday, June 1, 2011

♥ Simon Says... Father's Day {with Tim Holtz!!} ♥

This week's challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is to make a Father's Day or Male card and/or project. And the DT got to play with Tim Holtz products! Love Tim! Who doesn't?!


I decided to make a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Configuration Shadow box. Been wanting to make one of these for awhile now and thought this would be the prefect time to do it! So I made a little present for my hubby for Father's Day. I used lots of Tim's goodies on this one! For starters, I used the 6.75" x 8.75" Configurations Shadow Box. I covered the insides of the boxes with some TH Vintage Shabby papers, the outer edges of the boxes are covered with some TH Crowded Attic Salvage Stickers and some TH Journaling Tickets.  I also used some Hole ReinforcersMetal  Box Feet Foundations, Corked Glass Bottle, Swivel Clasp,  Hinge Clips and finally Tim Holtz The Journey Stamp Set.


These are so much fun to make! You can configure them in any way you like, hence the name!

Don't forget the random winner of this week's challenge will win a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Super Store! Good luck everyone!  



♥ And the winner of my $100 Gift card to Michael's and MS punch is.... Manena Ali! Congrats Manena! Please shoot me an email with your snail mail addy!

You still have time to enter my other giveaway of a $25 Gift Card to Michael's! Just go to THIS POST!  I will be having a HUGE giveaway shortly to celebrate my Blogaversary! So stay tuned for that! ♥

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

♥  Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. To use your favorite stamp!          

Hugs...

23 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fanbloomintastic creation Melissa !! :-) I have been wanting to make one of these too and with my next order I will get one and have a go :-) I love all the items you have used here ,,, all gorgeous :-) I am sure your hubby will love this :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, this is amazing, what a fantastic project. Congrats to Manena. Marianne x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a huge project
it's so gorgeous hunni
good luck on the challenge
congrats to the winner
thanks for the chance sweetie
hugs angelique

Carol W. said...

Fabulous job on the box! Makes for a great father's day gift! TFS

Candy C said...

Very cool configuration box! You did a fabulous job on it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

sallysbitz2 said...

WOW... this must have taken you ages. Looks great x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Katy Kirwan said...

Love the blog! So Beautiful!!!

Andrea M said...

W-O-W!!!! I am STUNNED into silence! This is truly OUTSTANDING!!! WOW!!! The shadow box is such a wonderful project!!! Holy cow!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!

Dana Gustafson said...

C-O-O-L! THis is awesome! I am so inpired! Thank you for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

debby4000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debby4000 said...

Oh this is wonderful Melissa, love all the details.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

This just blew me away Melissa!!! I could look at it forever and still find something else to see - so many amazing, beautiful details. I'd love to have a go at one but at the rate I work it would take me forever!!
hugs
Heather xx

Laura said...

Okay, so now I see what those boxes at Michaels are for!!! Thanks for inspiring.
Laura

Nancy Wethington said...

Love what you did with this configuration box and those rulers on there rock! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness, what a treat for the eye! I love the rulers and the personal photo is a beautiful special touch!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anniebee said...

This is just fabulous! You did a wonderful job on it.

Kimberly said...

This is just beautiful...i just love your style..Thanks for sharing your great talents...
www.justwordz.ca

Rufus said...

Wow, that looks like you had a blast creating it! Congrats to the winner of your nifty candy, I'm jealous!
R/

Unknown said...

Wow, this is an incredible project! Great job!
I'm so glad that you joined us at Sentimental Sundays Anything But A Card Challenge and I hope we see more of your creations in the future!

~kurlygirl
Kurly-Q

mrsk06 said...

Wow this is one awesome project!! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sunday's Anything but a card Challenge! Hugz Sal xx

Tanya said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is amazing!

Gretchen said...

awesome project!!

Kim Costello said...

Wow stunning configurations project Melissa, a beautiful gift and a wonderful use of your favourite stamps!!!
The Design Team and I are so pleased you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show
Many thanks
HuGs Kim :)